YOUR SAFETY COMES FIRST
COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
It has always been Riverbanks’ highest priority to keep you safe and comfortable when visiting us. This now extends to protecting you from COVID-19. We have introduced a number of measures so that you can continue receiving treatment in a COVID-safe space.
Please note that our measures are temporary while we wait out this pandemic. We are following rules and guidance set out by the UK government, NHS England and Public Health England, and our measures are likely to change as and when the guidance does.
How we’re keeping our clinic safe
- All staff members will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) throughout your appointment. This includes:
– surgical scrubs
– surgical masks
– non-latex gloves
– disposable hair caps
– disposable aprons
- All scrubs are washed daily at temperatures exceeding 60°C.
- Any staff member who develops coronavirus symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19, or lives with someone who develops symptoms or tests positive, will not be permitted to enter the clinic.
- All appointments are strictly timed to minimise your contact with others and to make sure we have ample time for deep cleaning between each appointment.
- We use a powerful antiviral disinfectant to wash all surfaces touched in preparation for the next patient.
- As a doctor-led clinic, we have extensive training and experience of infection prevention measures and protocols. This means you can be assured that we have taken every appropriate step to keep you safe from contracting COVID-19.
Before booking your appointment
- Please do not come to the clinic if you or anyone in your household has been ill with coronavirus symptoms, or tested positive for COVID-19, in the past 14 days.
- Please book your appointment via the Riverbanks app
- We will send you a copy of our COVID-19 informed consent form in an email prior to your appointment for you to electronically sign.
Arriving at the clinic
- Please arrive at the clinic unaccompanied. Unfortunately you will not be able to bring anyone in with you, including children.
- Please remove all makeup before entering the clinic.
- Please wear a face covering until instructed otherwise. If you have your own non-latex disposable gloves, it is worth wearing those as well.
- When you arrive, please wait in your car and we will come and greet you. Our waiting room is not currently in use.
- Before you enter the building, we will check your temperature using a contactless laser scanner. If you have a fever, we will ask you to return home and contact NHS 111, and you will not be charged for your appointment.
- Please only bring your car keys, bank card and phone with you into the clinic.
- Please disinfect your hands using the hand sanitiser provided when you enter the building.
During your appointment
- Your doctor will be wearing appropriate PPE for the duration of your treatment.
- If you need to use the toilet, please use the wipes provided after you have finished.
- We currently only accept card payments. Our card reader will be disinfected between each use.
- Please disinfect your hands using hand sanitiser when you leave.
After your appointment
- If you become unwell with coronavirus symptoms within 14 days of your treatment, please let us know for the purposes of tracking and tracing.
Patient safety and comfort has always been Riverbanks’ single most important value. While your experience is going to feel a little different from usual, your treatment and treatment outcome will be as excellent as always, and our staff will make sure that your visit is an enjoyable one. In spite of the challenges posed by this virus, we want our clinic to remain the happy and welcoming place that patients love coming to.
If you are unsure or have questions about any of the above, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Dr Ravi Jain
2nd July 2020